In honour of National Vegetarian Week, I’ve decided to share my vegan bean chilli recipe with you. It’s packed with protein, immune supporting mushroom powders and lovely spices.
Several years ago, I didn’t eat spicy foods – now this bean chilli is one of my favourites! It’s such a quick and simple meal to throw together, and it takes very little time.. If you’re planning to leave it to cook whilst at work, I’d advise setting a timer to delay it switching on, as it will only take 4-5 hours on the low setting. This meal can also be prepared in a pot on the stove if you don’t want to use a slow cooker.
2 Tins Organic Kidney Beans
1 Tin Organic Mixed Beans
1 Tin Organic Tomatoes
1 Large Onion
2 Cloves Garlic
2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
2 teaspoons Cumin
2 teaspoons Marigold Bouillon
1 teaspoon Turmeric
2 teaspoons Hybrid Herbs Chaga/Reishi Mushroom Powder (optional)
Tortilla Chips/Corn Rolls (optional)
1) Put all of the tins of beans and tomatoes into the slow cooker pot.
2) Chop onion into small chunks. Combine in pot with crushed garlic cloves.
3) Add all seasoning powders, a splash of water and mix well.
4) Switch on the ‘Low’ setting and cook for 4-5 hours. You can add more water if you wish to leave it longer, but the beans may go mushy if you do this.
5) Serve with organic brown rice, and tortilla chips.
You can make your own guacamole too, or simply mash up an avocado, tomatoes and a little salt and pepper, like I have here.
I really hope you enjoy this simple dish. Please let me know what you think.
Have a wonderful day!