I’d never tried Moringa Oil until recently. Actually, I’d barely heard of it. I was aware it was an oil pressed from the seeds of the Moringa oleifera tree, but that was about it. I knew nothing about how amazing it was for the skin, or indeed that it could be used for cooking. That was until the lovely Laura & James of Mann’s Eco Garden offered me the chance to try out a bottle.
The oil arrived in a simple dark green bottle, with pump dispenser. I found the pump very useful, as I only need a tiny amount each time – a little goes a long way. I started by using it as an alternative to my regular moisturiser, after cleansing in the evening. I was a little concerned that it would be far to oily (as I have greasy skin) but it sank in within a few minutes and left my skin feeling soft and silky. It felt as though I’d had a facial. I often use it now before going to bed, as it’s the perfect overnight skin replenishing treatment.
The nourishing properties of moringa have been evident for me, and in just a few weeks, my skin feels softer than ever. Take a little look at some of the other amazing benefits:
- Rejuvenates dull, tired and ageing skin.
- Contains antioxidants and nutrients which help fight free radical damage that can cause skin tissue damage and lead to the formation of wrinkles.
- Helps to improve the appearance of wrinkles and prevents sagging of facial muscles.
- Helps to promote cell growth and delay damage and destruction of skin tissues.
- Vitamin C stabilises collagen
- Has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and has been used to treat and heal minor skin abrasions; minor cuts and scrapes, bruises, burns, insect bites, rashes, and sunburn and skin infections.
- Helps clear blackheads and pimples. When used regularly helps prevent the re-occurrence of blemishes.
- Helps minimise dark spots from acne and hyper-pigmentation.
I haven’t even tried cooking with it yet, but I have drizzled it over my salads and it’s super light and tasty. Packed with flavonoids, sterols and Vitamin E this is probably one of the healthiest salad dressing on the planet!
Wow. All of these benefits for just £16.95 – and I imagine the bottle will last me ages!
If you try it, let me know what you think.
Thanks for reading!
This product was sent to me free of charge for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
Note: Wikaniko’s Moringa is obtained from a totally verifiable accredited source, so you can be assured of the quality.