I am delighted to announce that Monsoon of Random has been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! I’m so pleased that people are enjoying my ethical content and enjoying reading about the vast range of topics I write about.
I’d like to thank the lovely Yen-Van of Design Life Hacks for nominating me. I’m a huge fan of her inspirational posts on zero-waste and minimalism.
How the blog began…
Almost 10 years ago, myself and my husband took our first steps in our ethical lifestyle journey, and began using only natural cleaning and beauty products. Gradually we became more aware of our other impacts on the environment, people and animals in the world around us. Ultimately we started buying organic, fair trade and finally became vegan.
I wanted to share our experiences and our journey with others, and help others who wanted to embark on an ethical lifestyle. I also noticed that there weren’t very many blogs offering an all in one resource for all things ethical, and so Monsoon of Random was born.
I’ve been writing reviews and articles ever since, and working closely with lots of exciting brands and charities, including Veganuary, ItsEasy2bVegan (formerly the Vegan Lifestyle Association) and many more.
Advice to other Bloggers…
- Take Good Photographs – There’s nothing like a good photograph to get people interested in your post. Share a great image on Instagram or Twitter and your odds of getting someone to click through are way higher than if you have a blurry image or a stock photo.
- Network – All the sharing in the world on social media will only give you limited exposure. The best way to get more people reading your blog is to sign up to communities of like minded bloggers and work with brands who share your love of your field.
There’s no voting or shiny award ceremonies involved as part of the Blogger Recognition Award. Accepting the nomination means that you have been recognised by a fellow blogger and can now claim the award status. I would therefore like to nominate some bloggers that I respect highly, in return:
- Emilia Leese – Emi’s Good Eating
- Tamsin – Eco Fluffy Mama
- Margaret Chapman – The Plant Philosophy
- Lindsay – The Vegan Twist
- Elizabeth Turn – Plant Based Bride
- Sharna-Louise Bennett – Lepidolite Dreams
- Ally Crowley-Duncan – On A Vegan Note
- Rachel Evans – Healthy & Psyched
- Kimberley – Tea is a Wish Your Heart Makes
- Amy – Amy Lee Cup of Tea
- Becca – The Tea Library
- Elena – Tepidophobia
When you are nominated, there are a few simple steps that you need to take to accept the award nomination. These are the guidelines:
Write a post about your award
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to her blog
Give a brief story of how your blog started
Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
Select up to 15 other bloggers to nominate
Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Congratulations to all nominees – the reward is yours, should you choose to accept it!
Thanks again for nominating me, Design Life Hacks!